Saturday, January 21, 2012

Marci's "Just Takes 2" Fabrics

So, my package finally arrived from Paducah . . . and I wasn't crazy about the fabric I picked.


It's a nice fabric and I like it, but it's just a little more "blue" than I was looking for . . . especially the little rose shapes.  The picture above is actually the "wrong side" of the fabric, which is a little more muted, but still not quite what I was looking for.  I can use it for the back, though, and a set of pillowcases.

So, before Nick's basketball game today, I stopped in at Monarch Quilts in Brighton (nice quilt shop) to see what batiks they had.  I found a really nice one, in just the color I was looking for . . . of course it was a brand-new fabric, so I paid $12 a yard!  I like it though, and I saved enough on the rest of the fabric to balance it out . . . and I can finally get started on the blocks!


Some of those blocks in the 2nd set look really tricky -- especially the fan block -- we'll have to look at that one together!

No comments:

Post a Comment