Friday, April 20, 2012

Marci’s First Section is Done!!

 

DSC_0084

Whew!  It took me all week to get that applique square done, but I really like it!  I think it’s my favorite square so far . . . well, maybe the feathered star, too!  I didn’t use their multi-piece pattern for the applique, though.  Following the example of my Hawaiian quilt book, I traced 1/8 of the pattern onto a piece of paper, added the seam allowance around it and cut it out.  Then, I folded a 13” square of my teal fabric into 8ths (a triangle), and used my little template to cut it out.  When you unfold the fabric, it’s like opening up a snowflake, like we used to make out of paper.

Then I basted it onto my brown square and was ready to start the applique!

DSC_0085

The hardest part was the little diamond cutouts . . . I don’t think they are quite as big as they were supposed to be, but it still looks OK!

So, now I’m caught up, and it’s time to get started on the next set of blocks!

1 comment:

  1. LOOKS GOOD MARCI, I HAVEN'T STARTED THE NEXT GROUP YET. I JUST FINISHED THE 6 BLOCKS FOR MOM'S QUILT. I WILL HAVE YOUR PATTERN AND FABRIC FOR YOU SUNDAY AT MOMS. SEE YOU THEN
    D

    ReplyDelete